Scroll over the “+” signs for a list of items you can bring to CMI yards.
With few exceptions, as long as the majority of a product is made up of metal it can be dropped off at a CMI public yard. For safety and environmental reasons the below products are not accepted or require processing before arriving at a CMI yard. Call CMI for more info.
- Cars: must have the gas tanks emptied and removed and there is a small deduction in weight if the tires are not removed. Please call your local public yard before transporting the vehicle, to ensure you are visiting the correct yard for disposal of the vehicle.
- Pressurized Tanks: Propane tanks, beer kegs and other pressurized cylinders are best recycled through city dump locations. These items can be very dangerous to recycle (even empty) and should not be brought to CMI public yards.
- A/C units: Must be appropriately drained of Freon before transporting to a CMI public yard.
- Fridges: Must be appropriately drained of Freon before transporting to a CMI public yard.
- Freezers: Must be appropriately drained of Freon before transporting to a CMI public yard.